Sunday, August 16, 2009

Born Great?

The question I posed yesterday was are individuals born great or do a certain situation make them great? I don't think specific individuals are born great. Yet, I think that not every individual put into a situation where one should be great would rise to the occasion. I suggest that we are all born great and through our life experiences we may put ourselves into situations were I can become great. What make a person great? Is it being a political leader, like Barrack Obama or George Bush? Are either of these men great? In my opinion, I don't think so, but there lives are not over and realistically we can not judge a person until they are dead and time has past. Even then, it is still a matter of opinion. We can never know the full impact of any person's life. Is someone that saves another person's life great? I believe most of us would say yes. Therefore, any person that has pulled their car to the side of a rode to let an ambulance pass, gave blood, gave money to charity, etc. is great. This is a very simple version of why I believe we are all great. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I think that those who wait for specific situations to become great are the ones who are going to miss out. Is becoming great fate or is it by choice? Are these people necessarily just the lucky ones who get these "great" situations or do they seek it out? When I think of great, I think of a man like Martin Luther King Jr. He was not placed in the situation, he put himself in it. This is also a hard question to answer because your view of great and my view of great (as well as others) are completely different. How can you answer a question based on opinion?

    ReplyDelete