Sunday, August 9, 2009

Introduction & Intent

How does one start a blog?


I thought I would introduce the intent of this blog. I am a History teacher at Riverview High School in Sarasota, Florida and last month I was sent to a IB (International Baccalaureate) training seminar. While there, I went to a International Awareness presentation and at the presentation, the presenter asked us if we "knew our place?" At the time I was somewhat offended, because I have always thought of that phrase as having negative connotations. I have spent a lot of time thinking about this phrase over the past few weeks. I am hoping that I can use this blog to help me (and any readers!!) learn more about my/our place in this world.


As I have said, I am a teacher and since my students will likely happen upon this blog at some point, I would ask that there be no use of foul language and that everyone be respectful of each other.


Here is my first question? What does "Know Your Place" mean to you?


Tune in tomorrow for my answer to that question.

No comments:

Post a Comment